Thursday, February 28, 2013

Daybook..2/28/13

FOR TODAY: February 28, 2013

Outside my window... it's dark, it's 9:46pm

I am thinking...that Spring is around the corner with the plethora of birds that have arrived over the last week.

I am thankful...that the day is coming to an end, the house is clean and quiet and I have a few moments here before bed.

In the kitchen... tonight we had homemade waffles and turkey sausage for dinner. I'm still amazed at how many waffles/panckes our family of 6 can go through.

I am wearing... my pj's and no socks..

I am creating...a plan in my mind for better, wiser grocery shopping and meal planning

I am going... out to lunch with my husband tomorrow. A weekly treat!

I am wondering... if I'll ever be able to get my appetite and weight under control, and whether or not the lady on facebook with the $10 exercise bike for sale has written me back yet.

I am reading...Cut Your Grocery Bill in Half By the Economides family

I am hoping... that the plans Joe and I are thinking up for our future can come to fruition.

I am looking forward to... sleep, and the arrival of March tomorrow. New month, fresh start.

I am learning...that I'm not as young as I used to be.

Around the house...stillness and slumber

I am pondering... life plans, what we REALLY want.

A favorite quote for today..."Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without!" Such wisdom.

One of my favorite things...today has been my waffle maker. Bought for $1 at a thrift store 6 months ago. It's still working wonderfully and I love making fresh waffles or just building up a freezer supply for quick breakfasts.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Lunch with Joe tomorrow, and I'm working on Saturday.

A peek into my day...No picture today..

Join Peggy over at The Simple Woman's Daybook for more lovely Daybook enteries.

1 comment:

Chelsie said...

Great price on your waffle maker! I love waffles too!