Saturday, March 2, 2013

And so the work begins...

From the time we moved into this new house 2 years ago, we  knew the kitchen floorboards were starting to rot. We just never had the money to do anything about it. But, now we have and now the work is beginning. Were doing it all ourselves and working with tile will be a learning experience from us, but I'm so looking forward to having new flooring in there. After the flooring will come painting, hopefully a nice, soft, sunny yellow. We'll see.
This house isn't my dream house. This kitchen isn't my dream kitchen. After 2 years here, I still can't seem to get things arranged how I want them to be. The space doesn't flow correctly. I'm still grieving over the loss of my kitchen that I worked in everyday for 16 years. It was perfected, organized and me.  But, changes happen and I'm trying to roll with the punches. It's been a faith building exercise for me, loosing it all and leaning on God to provide. And, provide he has. We have a beautiful home, more abundant than we had ever hoped for. God is good. So, I'll fix up this kitchen and happily work in it for however long I have it.

1 comment:

ramzan said...

so nice blogger